TITLE: Chief Engineer
DEPARTMENT: Facilities Maintenance
REPORTS TO: Property Manager
Directs and oversees the maintenance program for Class A office building; is responsible for daily maintenance operations and planning and executing a comprehensive and effective preventative maintenance program, as well as supervising engineers and maintenance staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes outstanding customer service through regular verbal communication with the building’s tenants and ensures quality work, timely responses and follow up are consistently delivered.
- Maintains the property to first class standards.
- Consistently utilizes the work order system to accurately document all Maintenance Staff work efforts, including but not limited to tenant requests, preventative maintenance tasks, etc.
- Works closely with the Property Management team in establishing and executing a property strategy to assess and prioritize property maintenance and repairs, control costs, and create property value.
- Regularly Inspects building common and mechanical areas and maintains general cleanliness and organization.
- Identifies problems and presents possible solutions to the property manager which require assistance from outside contractors, then manages the process to completion
- Assists property managers with the budgeting process and ensures that work remains within appropriate budgets, reviews financial performance and its comparison to budget on specified accounts.
- Informs cleaning staff of areas of the building which require attention and replaces ceiling tiles where needed.
- Handles minor HVAC repairs such as responding to temperature calls from tenants; works closely with the building automation control system to monitor all building mechanical systems and trouble shoot equipment, adjust for comfort calls etc.
- Handles electrical repairs such as replacing faulty lights, replacing ballasts, tripping breakers, identifying circuit overloads, maintaining switches and receptacles, and ordering electrical supplies.
- Handles plumbing repairs such as inspecting bathrooms.
- Repairs flush valves, leaks, toilet seats.
- Clears toilet stops and plunges toilets.
- Installs new seals.
- Handles plumbing repairs such as identifying hot water heater problems, maintaining water fountains and guarding against leaks and stops and has a working knowledge of fire alarms and sprinkler systems.
- Replaces locksets and lock cores, identifies and repairs problems with locks, adjusts and replaces doors and door hardware.
- Works with facility coordinator and works within the work order systems and provides proper documentation to ensure accurate records and billings.
- Responsible for adherence to safety program, ensuring that accidents and the potential for accidents are minimized. Understands and adheres to OSHA standards and requirements and uses personal protective devices when program requires
- Supervise engineers and maintenance staff including hiring, training, personnel development, etc., and ensure performance management, coaching, and development of team members through established HR processes.
- Participate and coordinate annual scheduling and execution of the Grubb Properties training program, including Safety Training Program, as directed by Director of commercial building operations.
- Manages Utility Management such as tracking use, consumption, cost, reporting, comparison models, sub-metering, budgeting, variances as directed by Management and/or Leadership, conduct regular inspections of building systems and
- Develops, implements, and maintains an effective preventive and predictive maintenance program for task scheduling, routines, and performance. Program to include procedures for annual, semi-annual, quarterly, monthly and other
- Coordinates development of and/or maintain an Operations Document Library, including but not limited to construction plans, structural plans, as-built drawings, MEP schedules, line diagrams and schematics, equipment and operation
- Maintains ongoing communication with tenants, clients, property management, and vendors, develop specifications and assist in solicitation, administration, execution and performance of maintenance/ repair service contracts.
- Implements and administers inventory control programs, purchase parts and supplies and ensure compliance with applicable codes, requisitions, government agency, and company directives as relates to building operations.
- Supports the Property or Facility Manager with rehabilitation projects such as replacement of HVAC systems, installation of new roofs, plumbing repairs and alterations to other Building Systems. Support Property or Facility
- Monitors the construction process to assure compliance with contract documents, coordinate all work with user and Internal Support Groups, maintain complete project files recording progress, approvals, financial data and contracts,
Knowledge/Critical Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school education and 15 years of experience.
- CFC-Universal license
- Ability to use hand and power tools
- Good communication skills, both with internal team, building tenants and contractors / vendors.
- Complete knowledge of irrigation systems
- Service oriented
- Ability to use Windows based software
- Complete knowledge of building electrical and HVAC systems
- Complete knowledge of electronic building controls
- Complete knowledge and experience working with Fire Alarm equipment
- Ability to solve problems, manage several tasks simultaneously, and critical thinking
- Willingness to learn, take on responsibility and be challenged
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent delegation skills
- Ability to teach others and raise others skill level
- Ability to make and manage budgets
- Works well with other divisions within the company
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works in office setting and in commercial buildings.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Frequently moves about to coordinate work.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Frequently walks, climbs stairs or ladders, bends, stoops, reaches, uses equipment with hands, pulls, and lifts up to 50 lb.
Critical features of this job are described under the previous headings. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors to perform other non-essential assignments and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
MANAGEMENT HAS THE RIGHT TO REVISE THIS JOB DESCRIPTION AT ANY TIME. THE JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT A CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENT, AND EITHER YOU OR THE EMPLOYER MAY TERMINATE EMPLOYMENT AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.
Preferred Years Of Experience:15 Year(s)
Education Required:High School
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :